WordPress Plugin – Responsive Grid Gallery with Custom Links
Selecting an Image
- Click button: Select Image.
- From Media Library select an image and the image size.
- Update post.
If available, Alt Text and Title will be copied from WordPress Media Library into matching fields.
Replacing an Image
- Delete Alt Tag.
- Delete Title Tag.
- Select a new image.
Deleting tags is optional. You can keep the data and select another image.
Alt and Title Tags
You have the full control over Alt and Title tags. You can:
- Use WordPress Media Library as the source of data for both tags.
- Replace Media Library values with your custom entries.
- Render Alt tag as empty.
- Don’t render Title tag.
Note: the terms “alt tag” or “title tag” are commonly used abbreviations of what actually are attributes of an img tag.
Custom Alt and Title
Just enter your custom text and click Update.
Empty Alt Tag
- Alt attribute is always added to the image tag.
- If you want to render an empty Alt, enter NONE as a field value.
- If the field is left blank Grid Gallery will query Media Library for Alt Text.
- For best performance, always have Alt Tag field populated.
Some sites are legally required to have Alt attributes and almost any accessibility consultant will tell you that the Alt tag is required. Grid Gallery requires that every image has an Alt attribute – it must be present whether it’s empty or has text.
Empty Title Tag
- Title attribute is not added to the image tag if Alt Tag field is left blank.
- You can leave the field blank or enter NONE.
If you always want to use Media Library as the source of Alt and Title tags, enter LIB in the corresponding fields.
For performance reasons this option is not recommended.