WordPress Plugin Grid Gallery With Custom Links – Quick Start
This tutorial explains how to create and display a Grid Gallery with Custom Links Pro.
Go to Installation and follow instructions there.
- Create a new Grid Gallery with Custom Links.
- Create WordPress Gallery and add images.
- Select an image size to be used by the Grid Gallery.
- Add the Grid Gallery Shortcode to a page or post on which you wish to display the gallery.
- Preview the page or post.
- Customize the Grid Gallery: add margins, borders, image animations and other options.
2. Create a new Grid Gallery with Custom Links Pro
- Go to Grid Gallery Pro > Grid Galleries > Add New.
- Enter gallery title.
- Click Publish.
3. Create WordPress Gallery and add images
Grid Gallery with Custom Links uses WordPress Gallery to store and maintain images.
- From the Grid Gallery with Custom Links screen, click Add Media button.
- On the WordPress Gallery screen, click Create Gallery.
- Add images,
- Click Create a New Gallery.
- Add captions, description and links.
- Click Insert Gallery button to add the WordPress Gallery to the Grid Gallery.
- WordPress Gallery icon will appear in your editor. You will not see any of your images – only the icon.
WordPress Gallery tutorial:
WordPress Gallery Shortcode
4. Select an Image Size.
Select what image size to use for a Grid Gallery.
You're not limited to thumbnails. You can select any image size from your Media Library.
How to select an image size for the Grid Gallery
- On the Grid Gallery screen go to Options section.
- Go to Image Size dropdown.
- Select an image size.
- Click Update.
5. Add the Grid Gallery shortcode to a page or post.
To add Grid Gallery to a page or post, copy the shortcode and paste it into post content area.
6. Preview the page or post.
Open the page or post you've added the shortcode to.
7. Customize the Grid Gallery.
On the Grid Gallery screen go to Options section. Add custom options.
Grid Gallery with Custom Links Pro is highly customizable from the back-end. You can set margins, image borders, visual effects, etc. For full control,
you can add custom CSS file.