CSV Import Failed
WordPress Plugin Staff List CSV Import – File Format.
Staff List CSV can read and import files containing any set of special characters as long as the file is in the CSV format and properly encoded.
The plugin will generate errors if the file contains characters not supported by the encoding selected when exporting data to CSV file.
CSV File Requirements
- Column names in the first row.
- Column delimiters: comma (,) semicolon (;) pipe (|) or tab (t).
- Row delimiters: a line break (CRLF).
- Encoding: UTF8 if the file contains extended characters such as ä, è, ö, ü.
- BOM. No byte order mark (BOM) at the start of the file.
- If a field contains the column delimiter, then it must be escaped.
- Fields containing line breaks, double quotes, and commas should be enclosed in double-quotes.
- If double-quotes are used to enclose fields, then a double-quote appearing inside the field must be escaped by preceeding it with another double quote.
Import Preview Timeout
CSV looks like a simple portable format from the outside, but the look is deceiving.
If you still have problems, please send us your source file and we will try to convert it correctly.