Group by Categories
WordPress Plugin Staff List – Group by Categories
Displays staff records divided into groups. Live Preview
Grouping by Categories
1. Add a group.
Groups > Add Group > Options > Type of Groups: Group by categories.
- Select type of the group.
- Click Publish.
2. Add group items.
Groups > Options > Items > Category Slugs.
Add category slugs not category names! See Staff Categories for a list of categories you can use for grouping.
3. Publish and preview.
See section: Shortcode Parameters for details.
4. Adjust the layout.
See section: Layout for details.
Step-by-step: How the live preview was created.
1. Add staff categories.
Staff List Pro > Staff Categories
- Board of Education
- Board President
- Board Vice Presidents
- Board Members
2. Assign categories to staff records.
Staff Members > Staff member > Staff Categories
- Category: Board of Education to all records.
- Category: Board President to president of the board.
- Category: Board Vice Presidents to vice presidents.
- Category: Board Members to board members.
3. Create a group.
Groups > Add Group > Options > Type of Groups.
- Select Group by categories.
- Click Publish.
4. Add category slugs.
Groups > Options > Items
5. Create the staff list page.
- Create the page if not already created.
- Get staff list shortcode from: Template Options > Shortcodes > Staff Page Shortcode.
- Add shortcode to the page.
We’ve added category filter to show only a subset of records (Board of Education).
6. Add grouping parameter.
- Copy the shortcode parameter from Groups > Options > Shortcode.
- Open the page where you have placed the staff list shortcode.
- Add grouping parameter to the staff list shortcode.
- Update the page and preview.