Field Type – Drop-Down List
WordPress Plugin Staff List – Field Type – Drop-Down List
HTML select tag is used to create drop down list of options, which appears when clicking on form element and allows the user to choose one of the options.
The option tag is used to define the possible options to choose from. The first option from the options’ list is selected by default.
A drop-down list is used only for data entry. The content of the field will show up on the page as a text.
The option tag has two attributes: value and text. The value of the value attribute will be sent to the server.
- Value and text attributes can have different values.
- Both parts can be left empty.
- The first item is always added to a drop-down list.
When the field is optional, leave the first item value blank (empty). Otherwise add a default value. You can add a text attribute. It won’t be sent to the server.
- Item value and text attributes will be the same (3).
- When selected, the item value will be saved as a field data.