Field Type – Drop-Down List
WordPress Plugin Staff List – Field Type – Drop-Down List
Data entry: Dropdown. Output: text.
This type of the field prevents users from entering erroneous data.
Staff Template – List Items
Input Fields > Drop-Down List > List Items#
Creating a drop-down list.
The option tag has two attributes: Value (hidden) and Text (visible).
The Value and Text can differ or be the same.
When item has been selected, only the Value will be saved and rendered on a page.
First Item (1, 2)
- Text and Value attributes can be different.
- Both parts can be left empty.
- The First Item is always added to a drop-down, even when both parts are left empty.
In most cases the Value is left empty. When item is selected no data will be saved.
If the field is required, populate both parts.
Other Items (3)
Enter a text you want to show in a dropdown and saved as a field value.
- Item Value and Text attributes will be the same.
- When selected, the item Value will be saved as a field data.
- There is no limit on the number of items.
When staff member record has been updated, the dropdown value is saved as a text. Consequently, any changes to the dropdown items won’t modify the saved data. You’ll have to open and resave all affected records.
Staff Member – Drop-Down List
Example how the field type Drop-Down List is rendered on staff member data entry screen.