Field Type – Static Label + Phone
WordPress Plugin Staff List – Field Type – Phone with Static Label
While many modern mobile browsers automatically detect phone numbers and convert them to links, you can do this directly by using the right field type.
Field type Phone, ensures that phone numbers are always enabled for click to call and that they can be styled to match your site.
Phone with Static Label – HTML output.
<div class="myContainer"> <span class="myStaticLbl">Mobile:</span> <span class="myText"><a href="tel:+1-123-456-7890">(123) 456-7890</a></span> </div>
Phone field will wrap phone numbers in hyperlinks with the tel: schema.
You can add custom classes to to match your site.
Your browser displays links as: Mobile: (123) 456-7890
For valid phone number formats search: “phone links”, or see Click to Call.
Staff Member – data entry screen.
Data entry field created in Staff Template and displayed on Staff Member screen.
- Static Label. Read only, from staff template.
- Number to dial (href). Do not add tel:, just the phone number in a valid format.
- Phone number (visible). You can enter phone number or any other text.
Phone with Static Label has three parts:
- Static label. Displayed in line, next to the phone number. The same for all records.
- Number to dial. Hyperlink (href), has to be in a valid phone format.
- Visible text. Phone number or any other text.
Staff Template – Field Options
Input Fields > Static Label + Phone > Field Options
In this section of the staff template, you’ll create data entry field, add custom labels and optional directions on how the field should be filled out.
- Static Label. Displays on the front end, next to the field value.
- Field label. Displayed on the data entry screen above the corresponding fields.
- Field description. Directions how the field should be filled out.
You can use your your preferred language for labels and data entry directions.