WordPress Plugin Staff List – Images – ALT Tags
You have the full control over ALT tag. You can:
- Use WordPress Media Library as the source of data for ALT tags.
- Replace Media Library value with your custom entry.
- Render ALT tag as empty.
Note: the term “alt tag” is a commonly used abbreviation of what actually is the attribute of the “img tag”.
Selecting an image
Alt Text will be copied from WordPress Media Library into Alt Tag field.
Alt Text is not required. You can always add alt value directly on the image screen.
Replacing an image
- Delete content of Alt Tag field.
- Select a new image.
Deleting the field content is optional. You can replace an image and keep alt. Data won’t be overwritten if Alt Tag field has already been populated.
Custom ALT tag
Just enter your custom text and click Update.
Empty ALT tag
- Alt attribute will always be added to the image tag whether it’s empty or has text.
- If you want to render an empty alt, enter NONE as a field value.
- If the field is left blank the Staff List will query Media Library for Alt Text.
- For best performance always have Alt Tag field populated.
Some sites are legally required to have alt attributes and almost any accessibility consultant will tell you that the alt tag is always required. Staff List will add an alt attribute – whether it’s empty or has text.
If you always want to use Media Library as the source of alt, enter LIB in the Alt Tag field. However, for performance reasons this option is not recommended.