WordPress Plugin Staff List – Ugly Permalinks
The permalink is the entire link (URL) to a post or page.
Single page with “ugly” permalinks.
The simplest and most popular option. Easy to convert to pretty permalinks when required.
- Only one WordPress page is needed.
- This page will display dynamic content – individual staff members.
- The page can have any name.
- Subpages will also work with ugly permalinks.
- Permalinks are built by appending query parameter smid=staffID to the single page URL.
Creating ugly permalinks.
- Create and publish single page.
- Set up links to single page.
- Adjust field order.
- Preview single page.
1. Create a single page.
Create and publish single page. Only one page is needed.
2. Set up links to single page.
- Single Page URL. Required. For how to, see step 1 (above).
- Show Link = Yes.
- Link Text. Text you want to show up on the staff page as hyperlink to a single page.
- Add link to staff image. When checked, staff image will be hyperlinked to the single page.
- Open in a new tab or window. Optional. When checked, single page will open in a new tab.
3. Adjust field order.
Field position on staff page.
Link Text, when populated, adds field type: Single Page Text Link.
Simply drag it up or down and it will be saved in that order.
4. Preview single page.
- Open the staff page.
- Click on an image or text hyperlink.