WordPress Plugin Staff List – Staff Member
Staff Member custom post contains data of a single staff member.
Staff Template – design of the staff member data entry forms.
Staff Member – filling out the forms.
Add Staff Member
- Staff List > Add New
- Enter post title.
- Select Staff Template.
- Click Save Draft or Publish.
Selecting a Template
The first step in creating a staff member record is to select the Staff Template.
You can also go to an admin section and choose one of your templates as a default one:
Staff List > Admin > Default Template.
- Switching templates after you fill out the form is not recommended. It may cause the loss of data.
- Deleting a field from the template will also delete all data associated with it.
- You can add new fields anytime.
- You can change the field order anytime.
Switching templates may cause the loss of data.
There are no default fields. All fields are the custom ones. When created, each field has an ID and data type e.g., F1 – Paragraph Text.
When you switch a template and the new one has F1 field set as a Hyperlink you’re going to lose all data previously entered in this field.
Safe way to change a template.
Sometimes you may need to create a new template but want to keep most of the existing data. In such case, use Staff List CSV – an import-export extension to Staff List plugin. Simply export all staff member records and import them selecting a new template.