WordPress Plugin Image Collections Pro – Overview
Image Uploader and Organizer
If you find WordPress Media Library cluttered with too many images this plugin is for you.
Image Collections plugin can create groups of images (collections) and hold them in separate folders. You can copy and move images between collections.
The plugin is intended for WordPress theme and plugin developers who are looking for a better way to work with sets of images. Please note that this plugin is not suitable for non-developers.
The plugin has full featured admin interface to handle the image upload and management. There is no front-end presentation layer. Custom coding is required to display images on a page.
Image Collections plugin uses custom tables not linked to WordPress Media Library. Images are stored in individual folders outside of Media Library.
Optimized data storage provides excellent performance even with a large number of records.
Collection – set of images stored in a separate folder.
- Each collection has a name.
- Each collection stores images in its own folder.
- Each collection has its own set of options.
- Each collection has its own image dimensions.
- Images can be uploaded as is or resized during the upload.
- You have full control over the dimensions and quality of all images.
- You can have 2 image sizes: Large and Thumbnail.
- You can add title, alt and caption to every image.
- You can have up to 4 image sizes: Large, Medium, Thumbnail and Original.
- There is an option to skip duplicates during the upload.
- You can add title, alt, captions, description, link and link target to every image.
- You can save image metadata. Both EXIF and IPTC are saved including keywords and GPS data.
- You can custom crop thumbnails.
- You can make image active/inactive without deleting it.
- You can copy images between collections.
- You can move images between collections.
- The plugin is compatible with WordPress Multisite.
- Priority support.
Image Collections plugin can make management of a large number of images a simple task.