WordPress Plugin Staff List CSV – Staff Import.
Step by Step
- Upload CSV file to WordPress Media Library. File upload.
- Set up import options.
- Preview uploaded CSV file.
- Map CSV fields to staff fields.
- Run import preview.
- Check categories to be imported.
- Import data.
- Check import status.
No staff records are added or changed until you’ll go to step 7 and execute the actual import.
You can test different file formats and options (steps 2-6) until you’re ready to import the data.
- Staff List Pro has to be installed and activated.
- Staff Template has to be created. It should have all the fields you want to import.
- Create staff page to preview the import results.
- Staff Categories have to be created if included in the import file.
CSV file format.
- A valid CSV file is required. We won’t be able to create one for you.
- There are no official and final specifications regarding CSV file format. While RFC4180 exists, it is far from definitive and goes largely ignored. See CSV File Format .
- You have to know your file’s encoding, column delimiter and other specs.
- Excel is not the best application to export a spreadsheet to a text (CSV) file. LibreOffice is a better option.
CSV file content.
- Post Title is required. Other fields are optional.
- Data not present in the CSV import file can be added later but manually.
- Remember to include data used for sorting and filtering.
- Categories column should be added and populated to assign them to staff members.
- Temporary tables are used for previews. No staff records are added or changed until you’re ready and execute the actual import – Import tab.
- Feel free to test different file formats and import options.
- CSV import won’t synchronize or update the existing data. All records are added as new staff members.
- Always start with a test file. It should have all the required columns but only a few records.
- Preview an output (staff members) after importing the test file. Make sure all data is in the right format and expected place.
- Staff List CSV plugin can handle a large number of records but your web server (database) may have not enough resources to import such amount of data in a single transaction. Split CSV file if it contains too many records.
- Use Import Preview tab for the final check before actual import.
- Make sure the fields used for sorting and filtering will be by populated during the import.