Single Staff Member – Custom Pages
WordPress Plugin Staff List – Single Staff Member – Custom Pages
Why custom pages.
You may already have a set of static pages and want to add the search options.
You may want to create custom pages with a unique layout not provided by Staff List plugin.
Custom pages content.
Custom pages don’t use Staff List plugin to generate the content. It’s up to you to create and populate them with data.
Links to custom pages.
Staff records can be linked to static pages (image and text hyperlinks).
Custom pages step by step.
- Single page options.
- Field order.
- Staff member data.
- Custom pages.
- Custom pages preview.
1. Single page options.
- Single Page Shortcode. Disregard it. Not used for static pages.
- Single Page URL. Leave it empty.
- Show Link. Yes, link to custom (static) pages.
- Link Text. Add text you want to show up on the staff page as hyperlink to a custom page.
- Add link to staff image. Staff image can be linked to the custom page.
2. Field order.
Link Text when populated, adds field type: Single Page Text Link.
Template Options > Field Order – Staff Page
- Search for filed type: Single Page Text Link.
- Move it up or down to position it.
3. Staff member data.
- Custom URL. Required. Full path to your custom page.
- Pretty Permalink – empty.
Repeat for all staff member records.
4. Custom pages.
Create custom pages and populate them with data.
Make sure the permalinks will match the custom URLs entered as staff member data.
5. Custom pages preview.
- Open the staff member page.
- Click on one of the single page’s hyperlink.