Step by Step Instructions
WordPress Plugin Staff List vCard- Step by Step
- Staff List Pro or Staff List free version has to be installed and activated.
- Staff List Members records have to be created and populated.
Most of the steps will require the record to be saved (published, updated). This is a standard procedure and we won’t explicitly reefer to it.
1. Create vCard template.
- Staff List vCards > Add New.
- Staff List vCards > Add template title.
- Select vCard version (3.0 or 4.0).
- Select staff template from the dropdown.
These setting can’t be changed after you publish (save) the template.
2. Map vCard properties to Staff List fields.
Data mapping is the process of matching fields from Staff List template (source) to vCard properties (target).
- F and FN properties are required. Other properties are optional.
- You don’t have to map all the fields, just the required ones. You can do the rest later.
- You’ll map the fields by selecting one of them from a dropdown.
- The source field has to exist but doesn’t have to be populated with data.
- Empty fields won’t be included in vCard output.
- You can modify the mapping (add, delete, change) anytime, as needed.
3. vCard Preview
You can verify your options and mappings as you keep working on your template.
vCard Preview section will display formatted output.
You can also download and save vCard (.vcf) file.
4. Wrapping up.
- Map the other properties as needed.
- Download and preview the output in your default contact app.
At this stage your vCard template is done and ready to be used for creating dynamic files (downloads).
1. Add vCard Hyperlink
- Staff List > Staff Template > Input Fields
- Add field type: vCard Hyperlink.
- Set up hyperlink options.
- Set up field order (template options).
1. Test vCard dowloads
- Open the staff page.
- Click vCard download link. VCF file should be generated and ready for download.