Step by Step Instructions
WordPress Plugin Staff List vCard- Step by Step
- Staff List Pro or Staff List free version has to be installed and activated.
- Staff List Members records have to be created and populated.
In WordPress terminology staff templates, staff member records and vCard templates are called custom posts or custom post types.
Most of the steps will require the custom post to be saved (published, updated). This is a standard procedure and we won’t explicitly reefer to it in the instructions below.
1. Create vCard template.
- Staff List vCards > Add New
- Template Options > Staff List vCard
vCard Version > 3.0Staff Template > select staff template fro the dropdown.
These setting can’t be changed after you publish (save) the template.
2. Map vCard fields to Staff List fields.
Data mapping is the process of matching fields from staff list template (source) to vCard fields (target).
- F and FN fields are required. Other fields are optional.
- You don’t have to map all the fields, just the require ones and maybe one or two others. You can do the rest later.
- You map the fields by selecting one of them from a dropdown.
- The target field can left be empty.
- The source field has to exist but doesn’t have to be populated with data.
- Dropdowns are populated by the staff list template (selected in step 1).
- You can modify the mapping (add, delete, change) anytime, as needed.
3. Set Field Display Options
Field data can be displayed on Staff Page, Single Page or both.
See: Field display options.
4. Add Staff Member
- Go to: Staff List > Staff Members
- Click: Add New
- Enter a title (usually first and last name).
- Select the Staff Template (the template you’ve created in step 1.)
- Click Publish or Update
Staff member has to be linked to one of your staff templates.
Template selector is usually located in the right column of the data entry screen.
5. Add Staff Member Content
The fields you’ve defined in the template are displayed on Staff Members form.
- Fil out the form.
- Click Update
6. Create and publish a Staff Page
7. Create and publish a Single Page
This step is optional. It can be done later.
8. Customize the Template
You can modify the look and feel of your presentation by adding custom styles or adjusting built-in layout options.
- Template Options > Custom Styles . Change display properties of Staff List sections.
- Input Fields. Customize the individual fields.
- Template Options > Field Order – Staff. Change fields order on staff pages.
- Template Options > Field Order – Single. Change order of fields on single pages.
- Template Options > Staff Order. Change order of the individual records.