Step by Step Instructions
WordPress Plugin Staff List vCard- Step by Step
- Staff List Pro or Staff List free version has to be installed and activated.
- Staff List Members records have to be created and populated.
Most of the steps will require the record to be saved (published, updated). This is a standard procedure and we won’t explicitly reefer to it.
1. Create vCard template.
- Staff List vCards > Add New.
- Staff List vCards > Add template title.
- Select vCard version (3.0 or 4.0).
- Select staff template from the dropdown.
These setting can’t be changed after you publish (save) the template.
2. Map vCard properties to Staff List fields.
Data mapping is the process of matching fields from Staff List template (source) to vCard properties (target).
- F and FN properties are required. Other properties are optional.
- You don’t have to map all the fields, just the required ones. You can do the rest later.
- You’ll map the fields by selecting one of them from a dropdown.
- The source field has to exist but doesn’t have to be populated with data.
- Empty fields won’t be included in vCard output.
- You can modify the mapping (add, delete, change) anytime, as needed.
3. Preview vCard.
You can verify your options and mappings as you keep working on your template.
vCard Preview section will display formatted output.
You can open it for preview or download as a .vcf file.
5. Add vCard hyperlink.
- Staff List > Staff Template > Input Fields
- Add field type: vCard Hyperlink.
- Links can be added to staff or single pages.
- VCF files are created on the fly from the current staff member data.
Static vCard files
You can download and save vCards as static .vcf files.
They can be used with Staff List or any other application.