WordPress Plugin Staff List – Staff Categories
Staff List categories are the best and most convenient way to filter you data. Parent and child categories, work well for creating subsets of staff members. In addition, the same record can be placed in more than one category.
- Staff List categories can only be used by Staff List plugins.
- Staff List and WordPress categories share the same code and interface.
- Naming conventions and restrictions are the same for both types of categories.
- Categories are hierarchical, meaning that each one can have child categories.
We strongly recommend choosing categories for your drop down filters.
Drop-down lists, created and used by Staff List plugin, display category names as option text but will use category slugs (option value) as filters.
- The category name must be unique.
- Category names can contain HTML entities.
- Category names can contain accented and non-Latin characters such as Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew or Russian.
- Category names are saved in wp_terms table, name column.
- Slugs are the URL-friendly names, used to identify categories.
- Category slugs must be unique.
- Slugs names are limited to subset of ASCII character set.
- A slug will be generated automatically when the input box is left empty.
- Accented and other unsafe characters will be sanitized and replaced.
- For non-Latin characters, percent encoding will be used.
How to create staff categories.
- Staff List Pro or Staff List > Staff Categories
- Provide the new category name, slug, description and choose a parent item.
- Click Add Category.
The process follows the same steps as built-in WordPress categories.
Automatically generated slugs.
Category slugs can be auto-generated or created manually.
Category names are sanitized and optionally encoded to create a valid slugs.
Slugs can be edited after they are created.
Category names with accents.
Slugs are sanitized, accented characters are replaced.
Content of the database will match the admin screen.
Category names, non-Latin scripts.
Slugs are sanitized, percent encoding is used to replace all characters.
Content of the database fields may differ from the names displayed on the admin screen.
Urldecode function is used render the slug names in a human-readable format.
Saved slug names are percent encoded.
Percent encoded slugs can’t be used by Staff List menus and filters.
Staff List plugin – valid slug names.
Category name, ASCII characters only.
Enter the category name.
Slug name will be auto-generated.
Category name with accented characters.
Enter the category name in your preferred language. Accented characters are OK.
Proper slug name will be auto-generated.
Category name, non-Latin scripts.
Enter the category name in your preferred language. Non-Latin characters are OK.
Percent encoding will be used when saving slug to the database. Urldecode function may be used to show slug name on the admin screen.
Edit the slug name manually. Enter only ASCII characters.
Example of valid slug names.
Staff List Categories – Admin.
Staff List Categories – database.